Chef (of all Cuisines)
Brief Job Summary
Our World Cuisine restaurant is looking for an experienced, forward-thinking Chef who is passionate about culinary arts. The ideal candidate for this position will be a natural leader who always has a finger on the pulse of current culinary trends. The Chef will be responsible for assigning work in the kitchen, preparing meals for our diners, kitchen inventory management and partnering with the Head Chef to come up with delectable new dishes to add to our growing menu.
Your Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for and supervises daily line operation for your section whilst maintaining a high standard of kitchen cleanliness and excellent hygiene practice.
- Prepares all food items required for buffet use according to standard recipes and Sous/Head Chef instructions.
- Visually inspects and samples all food for proper taste, colour combination and overall presentation to maintain appeal.
- Ensures proper storage of all food items in refrigerators, freezers and dry food storage to maintain product freshness.
- Ensures that all equipment in the work area is properly cleaned and sanitised.
- Perform other duties as required but not limited to, e.g., special orders/buffet presentations, reporting equipment faults/defects, assisting Head chef in creating a new menu/product ordering requirements.
- Attendance in conformance with policy standards.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all current laws regarding food safety, food allergies, personal hygiene, HACCP compliance etc.
- Thorough knowledge of food preparation and good working knowledge of accepted safety and sanitation standards.
- Extensive experience with slicers, mixers, grinders, food processors, etc.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Competitive pay.
- Staff food & drinks.
- Opportunities for career development.
This job description is intended as a general indication of the job responsibilities and does not include detailed instructions on how tasks are undertaken. You may be required to carry out additional tasks within your capability as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and to meet the needs of the business.
To apply, please click APPLY above which will direct you back to our Careers tab where you can download our Flavourz Application form.
Application form and CV Submission details can also be found on this page.